I don't know if you've seen the movie "Elf" with Will Ferrell. Jeffery loves it! He's the only kid I know to yell "Son of a Nutcracker!" in July. Last week Jeff had the opportunity to come to preschool and be Santa's elf.
Jeff, to say the least, was pumped! When I asked him if he would be interested, he said "You better write a note for my teacher. No, call her. Can you do both? I don't want to miss it! Santa needs my help!...." and he was off. Non-stop dialog even as he headed out the door to catch the bus. With his note. And I called his teacher.
Santa and Jeff were by my office, waiting for the class to get ready. Santa sat down. This means he had a lap! But is a 16 year old too old for Santa's lap? Aha! Sit in the chair next to Santa. Scoot a bit closer. A bit closer. Right next to the lap. Can 16 year old's ask for toys? Do you just blurt it out if Santa doesn't ask what you want? What do you say to Santa?? "So, dude... How are those reindeer doing?" "Just fine, Jeffery. Thanks for asking." "Good, good. And Rudolf? Is his nose still red?" Santa chuckles, "Yes, Jeffery. Once your nose is red, it stays red." And on it went. (see video link)
In the classroom, Jeff handed the kids candy canes after they talked to Santa. And then it was down to business. "Mom, come here. Do you think I can tell Santa what I want for Christmas? You know, after the kids are done here?" Sure. So Santa is committed to either "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero" for Jeff. No way he can let the kid down now. They are buddies.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment