Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yumm-O

... and I'm not even Rachel Ray! This weekend it was too warm for Chris to go ice fishing, and too cold and muddy to do much else. So we broke out the new cast iron Dutch Oven... and the charcoal smoker... and bought some baby back ribs. Dutch oven fries, butterscotch cake and smoked sticky ribs... yum.

Oh my, can that man cook. He is a much better cook than I am. I say this a lot, and not just to get out of kitchen duty. It's really true. Honestly, his rib sauce causes me to salivate at the very thought. I wish I could have a tablespoon of the stuff everyday on chicken, pork, beef, breakfast cereal, on my toothbrush. It's not a dressed up catchup/ tomato base, but a really sticky delicious wonderful potion that is just heavenly. Dinner was great, but we burned the cake (my only job- test the cake for doneness). So we had to try again on Sunday.

This time we ventured on to a rustic chicken and tomato stew. (Rustic= big chunks so my dad and Alex can easily pick out the veggies they don't like.) Add some wild rice and mmmmmm. Here we go again. Yum, yum, yummy. And this time we didn't burn the pineapple upside-down cake!

Next event: merge the new photography hobby and the cooking skills. Maybe start a food blog? Nah...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi Heather...I'm so glad to have your blog link...so cute! I just ate, but boy did that post make my mouth water!