Sunday, March 29, 2009

Testimony meeting


Today at church I had my 3 kids, my sister's 2 kids, and Chris was home sleeping after a night shift. We were sitting on 2 short rows, Jeff and Alex in the front, Hannah and I right behind, and Jack and Madison going back and forth. It was testimony meeting, and after passing the sacrament, Jeff started in on his list of "too bored to sit still" excuses... I need a drink/tissue/bathroom break etc. Then the second string: My head aches, my tummy hurts, I don't feel good, I think I'm having a seizure. After 2 trips out I'm not falling for it. He's bored, and doesn't like being out of routine (cousins). I told him to lay his head down on his coat.

Halfway through the meeting, his classmate, Dylan, stood and bore his testimony. Jeff snapped to attention, riveted to Dylan's face and listened attentively. When Dylan was done, he jumped up and said "I'm sorry mom, but my testimony is just coming out of me." What do you say to that?? "Go ahead, but be reverent."

He "walked quickly" to the stand and bore his testimony. Well, he said "I'd like to prepare my testimony", and he was thankful for his mom and dad, parents, brother, sister and cousins. Then he "walked quickly" back to his seat.

I'm thankful for his testimony.

2 comments:

Michelle Croft said...

I love it! He is such a sweetheart.

Kimberly said...

How sweet! He's so good to our kids...they really enjoy him! That is great that he wanted to do that. I feel bad I missed it...even though I was right there!! Someday...